[Mapbender-dev] Proposed changed to Application/Element relation

Karim Malhas karim at malhas.de
Mon Feb 8 16:43:58 EST 2010

Sorry for the late reply,

> I suggest the following changes to be made in the application/element
> relation before the re-design of the "edit gui elements" dialogue takes
> place.
>
> (1) allow hierarchy of HTML elements

I am very much in favour of that idea.
How do do you propose we implement it ?
The first thing that comes to mind is a "parent" field in
gui_elements...

> Currently, we would have to rearrange the DOM in JS, which is a waste of
> client resources and error prone. Another upside is, this would be
> backwards compatible.

... which seems fit the backwardscompatible requirement.

> (2) add a field for php file
>
> the old design made sense for the classical php approach, where a php
> file created JS code. Now, we almost exclusively use AJAX. Having the
> server side listed would allow for better access control and possibly
> more flexible configuration.

Could you provide a use case? It seems to me that clientside javascript
can already call whichever url, and that each php file needs to
implement some kind of access control anyway.

Regards,
Karim