[Mapbender-dev] Testing

Karim Malhas karim at malhas.de
Tue Feb 16 09:11:08 EST 2010

> I think the first step will be to create a build script and run the
> current unit testing code in it. Only then will the tests be executed on
> a regular basis and we will have a motivation to write tests. I talked
> to our sponsor about this, and I'm optimistic we get some time to do
> this step in the near future.

What do you mean by buildscript?

I would imagine a test to run something like this:

$ phpunit tests/php/
[phpunit output here]

$ js tests/javascript/tests.js
[<js testing framework> output here ]

You mean a script that runs both of these, takes the output and makes
a report from it, and then automatically posts it online ?

> Did we discuss a testing framework for JS? I think Karim took a glance
> at envJS, while I peeked at QUnit which relies on jQuery.

Just for clarification, envJS is "just" DOM implementation for a
javascript runtime, which is nice because you don't need a browser.

QUnit then, can apparently be run in envJS. Which allows for neat
automated testing. I would hope.

Regards,
Karim