[Mapbender_dev] Re: [SoC] Update on REST API Project [Weekly Report]

Christoph Baudson (Wheregroup) christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Tue Jul 6 04:06:48 EDT 2010

Hi Vikas,

we also definitely need to see your code before midterm evaluations.
Please commit so we can review and help. You already have created a
branch, but apart from an ini file there is nothing regarding the SoC
project.

Thank you,

Christoph

Arnulf Christl wrote:

> Hi Vikas,
> thanks for your report.
>
> There is the mid-term evaluation coming up. This means that we will have
> to write a report. We can coordinate as we go along.
>
> Last weekend at the code sprint we spent some time discussing the
> resource design required by the services and the applications objects.
> We decided that it will be easier to first design and then implement the
> resources and representations for applications. Karim has done some
> preliminary work a while ago, maybe you can use some of what he has done
> to start with.
>
> We are still wondering how to best design and then implement the
> resources  for services. This will be the trickiest bit as we have to
> decide whether there will be one type of resource for all kinds of
> services or one each. Especially when we start to include more of
> OpenLayers as a viewer component we might also want to deal with
> proprietary services from GoogleBingYahoo et al. There is nothing there
> yet to build from so we will need to spend some time thinking and
> talking. So for the time being we stay focused on what we know, that
> includes WMS and WFS, where WFS by comparison is way more complex but
> also way more interesting. Lets see how far we will get.
>
> As yet we do not have a development server which is rather unfortunate
> at this momemt. The old one at telascience seems to have crapped out
> altogether and there is not new one at the new OSGeo service provider.
> We are working on this. In the worst case we will have to find something
> outside of OSGeo for the time being.
>
> Thanks for the good work so far.
>
> Best regards,
> Arnulf.
>
> Vikas Banjara wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This week, I complete the User use case. I can now get, post and put on the
>> resource USER. I have used this article as reference while implementing this
>> resource: http://www.mapbender.org/Resource:User
>>
>> There are issues with the implementation. Currently I expose all the columns
>> of a table. I need to fine tune this so that I expose only required columns
>> of the table. For example when there is a get request on a user id , the api
>> returns the entire row of the user id which includes the password also. This
>> should be a big NO. I will fine tune this in coming week. I will discuss
>> this with the mentor Seven and other mapbender devs.
>>
>> In the next week, I will start discussing a new use case and will then start
>> working on the same. In the mean time I will also fine tune User resource.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Vikas

> - --
> Nothing makes sense, except we make it.
> http://www.metaspatial.net

AGIT 2010
7.-9. Juli 2010 in Salzburg
Treffen Sie die WhereGroup an Stand Nr. 30
http://www.agit.at
----------------------------------

Aufwind durch Wissen!

Qualifizierte OpenSource-Schulungen