[Mapbender_dev] [Fwd: [SAC] Re: [OSGeo] #568: VM on osgeo4 for Metadata Repository]

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Thu May 27 15:08:44 EDT 2010

Hi,

I think we should be able to both on that vm... the metadata
repository (based on a stable mapbender aka reference plattform) and
also the dev plattforms as reference testbeds and demo instances.
I'd follow Christoph's points in that a faster machine on debian is
way better than the old fedora 4 machine.

Cheers, Michael

2010/5/27 Thomas Baschetti <info at thomas-baschetti.de>:
> On 27.05.2010 17:46, Seven (aka Arnulf) wrote:
>> [..stuff about servers, VMs and more...]
>> Maybe we can have more feedback from other folks too, especially the
>> registered admins [1] (I actually *expect* all admins to answer to this
>> mail... :-).
>>
> i admit i understood the words but didn't catch the meaning of this all,
> so feedback is difficult.
> As i understand we have the chance to get a faster, more stable VM for
> Mapbender with an underlying Debian-base OS instead of the slow
> Telascience-VM, right? Then just go for it, we need a good represantation
> for mapbender.
> If help is needed in regular administration please give some details,
> perhaps
> i can help. Depends on what to do and how much time is needed.
>
> Ciao
> Thomas
>
> --
>
> Thomas Baschetti - Systemanalyse Geographische Informationssysteme
> Hakenstraße 8D
> 49074 Osnabrück
>
> Tel: 0541 25 91 90 | mobil 01577 189 25 91
> E-Mail: info at thomas-baschetti.de
> www.thomas-baschetti.de
> Ust-IdNr.: DE264355072

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aufwind durch Wissen!

Qualifizierte Open Source Schulungen bei der
http://www.foss-academy.eu/

Michael Schulz
mschulz at webgis.de

in medias res