[Mapbender-dev] Mapbender3 Version 3.0.3.0 released

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Tue Mar 18 07:56:07 PDT 2014

Dear Mapbender Users, dear Devs,
================================

yesterday we published Mapbender3 version 3.0.3. Thanks to all people
involved!

Please have a look at the Mapbender3 Roadmap at Milestone 3.0.3 [1] to
find out, what is new in version 3.0.3. You also find information at
milestone 3.0.3 in the issue tracker at github [2] and in the changelog
file [3].

Getting the code
----------------
The official tarball is located over at [4], while source code is hosted
at Github [5]. For issues, please use the Github issue queue [5].

Documentation
-------------
The documentation is hosted at [7].

Mapbender3 demo & sandbox
-------------------------
A demo installation is available at [8]. We also provide a Mapbender3
sandbox with register functionality [9] .

IMPORTANT UPDATE NOTE: Update an existing Mapbender3 Installation
If you want to Update Mapbender3 to version 3.0.3.0 you have to update
your parameters.yml and config.yml file (new parameters were added to
the files). Also Update your database! [13]

if you user your own template you have to update merge your php and
twig-files. There is also a big change in the css-file configuration.
Till 3.0.2.0 you worked with a copy of the file
mapbender3_fullscreen.css and you made your changes there. Now
everything will be easier. You will use the existing default style and
will only write your individual changes in your template css f.e.
demo_fullscreen.css.
Read more about the new way of configuring your own application in the
updated description "How to create your own Template?" [10]

In future release we will offer an editor in the Mapbender3 web
Administration where you can easily define the css-changes you want to
have for your application. Like this you do not need writte access on
the server.

News on twitter and FOSSGIS 2014
----------------------------------
For more news - follow Mapbender at Twitter [11].

If you are going to FOSSGIS 2014 in Berlin. Find out about the
presentations an Mapbender3-User-Meeting [12].

Best regards,
     Astrid Emde

[1] http://mapbender3.org/Roadmap
[2] Milestone 3.0.2
https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/issues?milestone=6&page=1&state=closed
[3]
https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-starter/blob/develop/changelog.md
[4] http://mapbender3.org/builds/
[5] https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-starter
[6] Feature and Bugtracker https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/issues
[7] http://doc.mapbender3.org/

[8] Mapbender3 demo http://demo.mapbender3.org/
[9] Mapbender3 sandbox http://sandbox.mapbender3.org/

[13] Update Mapbender3 installation
http://doc.mapbender3.org/en/book/installation.html#update-mapbender3-to-a-newer-version
[10] How to create your own template? Updated for version 3.0.3.0. Read
more at: http://doc.mapbender3.org/en/book/templates.html

[11] http://www.twitter.com/mapbender

[12] Mapbender3 at FOSSGIS 2014
Wednesday - Mapbender3 User