[Mapbender-dev] Mapbender API documentation

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup) astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Tue Mar 26 23:10:56 PDT 2019

Am 2019-03-15 10:31, schrieb Olaf Knopp (WhereGroup):
> Hello Mapbender developers,
>
> the API documentation of Mapbender [1] is out of date and has to be
> updated for the upcoming versions 3.0.8. and 3.1.
> Unfortunately the software we use for the documentation (ApiGen) is
> not compatible with PHP versions newer 7.x. The API generation must
> therefore be completely re-implemented with other software.
>
> Since API documentations can easily be generated by any developer with
> an IDE, we consider a central documentation on the Web unnecessary in
> the future. If there is no massive resistance, we will switch off
> api.mapbender.org at 01.04.2019.
>
> Greetings
> Olaf
>
> [1] https://api.mapbender.org/

Hello Devs,

Looks like there is not much feedback on the api-documentation.

First of april is coming closer. So if you have an opinion on the
api-documentation give feedback till 1. April 2019.

My personal feedback
I think it is good to have an online api.documentation. But if it is not
used, we can switch it of. Personally I also do not use it.
* so +1 to switch the  https://api.mapbender.org/
* Future: the documentation is still in the code, so maybe in the future
we find an easy solution to deploy the documentation or we find a
volunteer to work on it.

Best regards Astrid