AW: [Mapbender-users] the mapbender installation stuck on half way

"Jäger, Frank \(KRZ\)" F.Jaeger at KRZ.DE
Thu Aug 10 08:41:33 EDT 2006

Hi,

after setting up a new Mapbender 2.4 and loading PostgreSQL from SQL-Scripts from

   ...\resources\db\postgresql\pgsql_**.sql

... I had the same Trouble:  'root/root' was not accepted to log in.

This may be a problem how the encrypted Value is transported and loaded into PostgreSQL.

(I unzipped mapbender on Windows, export with WinSCP to Linux, where the Database and Mapbender is running)

I fixed it by writing a new Password for User "root" into the Database "mapbender":

update mb_user set mb_user_password = md5('MyNewPassword') where mb_user_name = 'root';

(from pgAdmin III Database Client)

The function md5  does the encryption. It must be defined as a function in PG.

Inserting a new user "admin1" wouldn't help you. He has no guis.

User "root" is owner off all guis.

He has to create other users.

He has do give the rights to other users.

Greetings

F. Jaeger

  _____