WMS und Geoserver

Daniel Goetz madprof at gmx.ch
Fri Aug 18 07:12:04 EDT 2006

Hi cummunity,

I am runnig mapbender 2.4 on a local installation of apache server. In addition to this I installed Geoserver 1.2.3. I set up a WMS with Geoserver an want to display this service with mapbender.

I loaded the Capabilities in my own GUI and everything went fine. In the "WMS GUI settings" section I can see the WMS with all its layers (it consits only of one layer). But when I try to call/display the GUI (of course I have set the GUI elements/modules before) only the buttons for the tools (zomm in, zoom out, etc.) appear but no mapframe. Can anybody please tell me what I did wrong? I am not quite sure, but does mapbender know which SLD to use? Or what else might be the problem?

I don't know what is wrong but I think somebody out there has expirience combining mabender and geoserver (wms). Thank you for your help and ideas.

Thank you

regards

Daniel