[Mapbender-users] Usemap

Pieter Deckers pieter.deckers at vliz.be
Tue Dec 12 08:08:25 EST 2006

Hi Marc,

I made the error myself. Now everything is working with the original code. I replaced the url in /php/mod_usemap.php and in /javascript/mod_usemap.php but I shouldn't have done that. Now I know that I only had to change this line (from /javascripts/mod_usemap.php):
var mod_usemap_wfs = "<url>";
and nothing in /php/mod_usemap.php.

Maybe that's something that can be clarified in the documentation:
'If you want to use the usemap element: fill in the url of your GML in /javascripts/mod_usemap.php on this line:
var mod_usemap_wfs = "<url>";
like this:
var mod_usemap_wfs = "http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:/data/unesco/mapfiles/unesco_wfs.map&REQUEST=getFeature&VERSION=1.0.0&SERVICE=WFS&typename=Buoys";
'

I have one more question: now I want to open a new window by clicking on the points. In the javascripts is a function 'over' that is for the coloring of the points when you go over the points. I tried to make a similar function 'click' but that doesn't work. Is there any way to catch that event (clicking).

Cheers,

Pieter