[Mapbender-users] newbie, unable to add wms

Vera Schulze v.schulze at ccgis.de
Thu Jun 1 10:17:26 EDT 2006

Richard Greenwood schrieb:
> On 6/1/06, Vera Schulze <v.schulze at ccgis.de> wrote:
>> Hi Rich,
>>
>> I just tested this WMS. It works fine when you turn off the sublayers in
>> the GUI WMS settings.
>>
>> So before adding the WMS to a gui, load the Capabilites Document, turn
>> off the sublayers and you can see the map and add it to other guis of
>> this owner.
>>
>> See Arnulfs posting about Mapbender supporting nested layers for more
>> information on this topic.
>>
>> Hope that helps,
>> Vera
>

> Thanks, that is good news. I do not yet see how to load the
> Capabilites Document, but at least I know what I am looking for.
>
> Thank you,
> Rich

Hi Rich,

to load the Capabilities document of an wms just open an admin-gui in
Mapbender, click on the link "LOAD WMS" and enter here the URL:

http://www2.tetonwyo.org/wms?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1

For more information you can also look into the Mapbender-Wiki

www.mapbender.org

We try to make it bilingual, but give us a hint if something is missing.

regards,
Vera

Vera Schulze

----------------------------------