[Mapbender-users] newbie, unable to add wms

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 22:32:11 EDT 2006

On 6/1/06, Vera Schulze <v.schulze at ccgis.de> wrote:
> Richard Greenwood schrieb:
> > On 6/1/06, Vera Schulze <v.schulze at ccgis.de> wrote:
> >> Hi Rich,
> >>
> >> I just tested this WMS. It works fine when you turn off the sublayers in
> >> the GUI WMS settings.
> >>
> >> So before adding the WMS to a gui, load the Capabilites Document, turn
> >> off the sublayers and you can see the map and add it to other guis of
> >> this owner.
> >>
> >> See Arnulfs posting about Mapbender supporting nested layers for more
> >> information on this topic.
> >>
> >> Hope that helps,
> >> Vera
> >

> > Thanks, that is good news. I do not yet see how to load the
> > Capabilites Document, but at least I know what I am looking for.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Rich
> >

> Hi Rich,
>
> to load the Capabilities document of an wms just open an admin-gui in
> Mapbender, click on the link "LOAD WMS" and enter here the URL:
>
> http://www2.tetonwyo.org/wms?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1
>
> For more information you can also look into the Mapbender-Wiki
>
> www.mapbender.org
>
> We try to make it bilingual, but give us a hint if something is missing.
>
> regards,
> Vera

Vera,

Again - thank you. I am still getting some errors, but it appears to
be due to improper layer titles. I have a title "5' elevation
contours" in which the single quote (') is causing the insert to fail.
And this is important for me to learn as I test my WMS with various
different clients.

Did that layer title not cause an error for you? I am using
postgres.Are you using MySQL?

I can not find the wiki at www.mapbener.org, nor can I create an
account, any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Rich

--
Richard Greenwood