[Mapbender-users] WFS-T mittels Geoserver und Mapbender 2.4 - Mapbender digitize HOW TO

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at ccgis.de
Tue Nov 7 03:16:13 EST 2006

Wigold at aol.com schrieb:
> Mein Problem ist jetzt, dass ich nicht weiß, wie ich den WFS (bzw. eine
> Tabelle  der Datenbank) mit der Digitalisierfunktion im Mapbender
> verknüpfe. Ich habe das Modul Digitize in meine GUI eingebaut, aber wenn
> ich einen Punkt erzeugt habe und dann auf speichern drücke erscheint nur
> ein leeres Fenster.
> Muß ich dafür noch andere Module einbauen? Oder wie und wo erstelle ich
> der Verküpfung zu WFS?

Hello Mike,

I try to describe the way how to configure the wfs for the digitize gui.

You always can have a look at the gui digitize which is part of the
Mapbender 2.4 Version to compare the configuration.

The documentation for the wfs/digitizimg in the Mapbender wiki is not
complete at the moment. But have a look at:

http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Digitize

Here are the steps to go:
1. To make your own digitize gui copy the gui gui_digitize

2. load your wfs (admin1 --> load wfs)

3. configure the wfs (admin1 --> wfs conf)
Have a look how it was done for feature types which are part of the gui
digitize (for example myLines)

4. keep the GazetteerID of your configuration in mind

5. configure a wms which displays the objects you digitize, the layer of
the wms must be queriable. So if you use MapServer define a temolate for
your layer

6. load the wms in your digitize gui

7. go to EDIT GUI-WMS and connect the WMS layer with the WFS feature
type with the button setWFS

8. now you can start editing in your digitize gui

9. when you want to save the digitized object, the new window shouldn't
be empty anymore but should offer a selection of your wfs configurations
which are connected to wms layer.

Hope this description will help. I try to update the wiki hapter as well.

--
Greetings

Astrid Emde

----------------------------------