[Mapbender-users] Re: PHP Error Messages

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Fri Dec 21 09:09:56 EST 2007

Hi Joscha,

strange, I have MB from the sld branch running with ms4w, which
includes php 5.2.4 and don't have any of the reported problems.

You have two versions of mapbender running side-by-side? 2.4.3 and the
sld_branch? I have never used IIS with the ISAPI module, maybe this is
a source of the problem. With CGI it's no problem to have multiple
mapbenders running parallel - although I am not sure, what happens to
your authentication if you switch from one version into the other.

Cheers, Michael

2007/12/21, Joscha Laubach <laubach at iai.uni-bonn.de>:
> Hi list,
>
> I solved this problem by installing an older version of PHP. With PHP4
> it works without any problems, with PHP5 (both: latest versions from
> php.net) I get the described errors.
> Is that a common bug? At least I didn't find anything about this problem
> in Mapbenders bug tracker.
>
> Regards,
> Joscha
>
> Joscha Laubach wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I installed the new PHP5 version on Windows Server 2003 and IIS. PHP
> > uses the ISAPI module. If I call phpinfo(), everything looks fine. But
> > when I open my old Mapbender installation (2.4.3), I get several fatal
> > errors like this one:
> >
> > Fatal error: Cannot redeclare auth_user() (previously declared in
> > C:\Program Files\mapbender_2.4.3\http\frames\login.php:24) in C:\Program
> > Files\mapbender_sld\http\frames\login.php on line 59
> >
> > Instead of auth_user() I also get db_escape_string() and others, so I
> > guess it has something to do with the PHP configuration?
> >
> > Thanks and regards,
> > Joscha

Michael Schulz
mschulz at webgis.de