[Mapbender-users] GetFeatureInfo-Request

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Fri Jun 22 03:51:10 EDT 2007

Hey Jan,

as I read the specs (1.1.1), getfeatureinfo shall embed all remaining
parameters from the getmap request except REQUEST and VERSION. So i
think mapbenders behaviour is correct.

Returning an image for a getfeatureinfo request other than a service
exception in_image seems not to be in the scope of the specs.

Cheers, Michael

2007/6/21, Jan Espenlaub <j.espenlaub at regiodata-gmbh.de>:
> Good Morning Mapbenders!
>
> I just came across a little strange behaviour of our (SIAS-)Mapserver
> and found that the mapbender creates a GetFeatureInfo-Request which
> contains not only an "info-format"- but also the simple
> "format"-parameter (which comes first in the list btw). This confuses
> our SIAS in that it returns not the XML containing the attribute-data
> but an image of the selected feature - which is nice to have but we need
> the data.
>
> According to the OGC-Specification the GetFeatureInfo-Request should
> only contain the "info_format"-parameter.
> Are there any special reasons why the mapbender adds the "format"-parameter?
>
> Greetings from rainy Lörrach
>
> Jan
>
> --
> Jan Espenlaub                  Tel: 07621 91943-322
> Systemtechnik                  j.espenlaub at regiodata-gmbh.de
>
> regioDATA GmbH                 Tel 07621/91943-0
> Marie-Curie-Strasse 8            Fax 07621/91943-310
> 79539 Lörrach                       Web http://www.regiodata-gmbh.de
>
> regioDATA Gesellschaft für raumbezogene Informationssysteme mbH
> Sitz Lörrach, Amtsgericht Freiburg HRB 412719
> Geschäftsführer: Michael Schade

Michael Schulz
mschulz at webgis.de

in medias res