[Mapbender-users] GetFeatureInfo-Request

Jan Espenlaub j.espenlaub at regiodata-gmbh.de
Thu Jun 21 03:45:32 EDT 2007

Good Morning Mapbenders!

I just came across a little strange behaviour of our (SIAS-)Mapserver
and found that the mapbender creates a GetFeatureInfo-Request which
contains not only an "info-format"- but also the simple
"format"-parameter (which comes first in the list btw). This confuses
our SIAS in that it returns not the XML containing the attribute-data
but an image of the selected feature - which is nice to have but we need
the data.

According to the OGC-Specification the GetFeatureInfo-Request should
only contain the "info_format"-parameter.
Are there any special reasons why the mapbender adds the "format"-parameter?

Greetings from rainy Lörrach

Jan

--
Jan Espenlaub                  Tel: 07621 91943-322
Systemtechnik                  j.espenlaub at regiodata-gmbh.de

regioDATA GmbH                 Tel 07621/91943-0
Marie-Curie-Strasse 8            Fax 07621/91943-310
79539 Lörrach                       Web http://www.regiodata-gmbh.de

regioDATA Gesellschaft für raumbezogene Informationssysteme mbH
Sitz Lörrach, Amtsgericht Freiburg HRB 412719
Geschäftsführer: Michael Schade