[Mapbender-users] Create a polygon from a selection of line feature (WFS-T)

stoff c.effing at gdi-international.de
Fri Nov 9 06:48:57 EST 2007

Hi,

perhaps somebody has already solved this problem.
We want to implement an easy solution to digitize
polygons based on line features (ATKIS).

Taking the digitizing module I would have to
* select line features of the linelayer
* digitize the polygon along the selected line basepoints

Digitizing visually can be a problem, when you have clouds of basepoints
within the line feature. And it is not very comfortable to digitize
along lines with hundereds of basepoints.

To create a polygon from line features I would have
to cover three fundamental problems:

* asure that the line-direction (first basepoint to last basepoint)
  goes along the wanted polygon
* define a sequence of the line features (last basepoint of a line
  feature has to be connected to the first basepoint of the next line)
* provide a posibility to close the polygon by selecting basepoints
  of two lines, when they do not share a basepoint

Probably I have to implement new digitizing abilities, but perhaps
somebody has already made experiences on this topic...

Any ideas are appreciated!

Thanks,

Christoph