[Mapbender-users] sel_area box hidden behind map images

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Tue Sep 18 17:21:46 EDT 2007

Hi Marc,

i was also looking through the different references on z-indexes and
finally came to the conclusion that the crucial point seems to be the
stacking context, that states that elements with z-indexes are stacked
in a context, in a way that if  parent element has a z-index, and
child elements have z-indexes, the children stay inside the stacking
context and do not overlap with other stacking contexts. I then
checked mod_map1.php and found, that the parent map div has no z_index
defined, thus the map images inside it inherit the document stack
context and hence collide with other z-indexes. Simply adding a
z-index:2 at the map-div solved the problem. No other z-index had to
be touched.

I tried this first (changing only the z-indexes of the red lines), but
uh, suddenly the measure module was affected, not good.

--

Ok, die kurze deutsche Fassung: Elemente mit z-index im Style
definieren eine Stapel-Umgebung, die von eingeschlossenen Elementen

Viele Grüße, Michael

Michael Schulz
mschulz at webgis.de

in medias res