[Mapbender-users] Mapbender WMS Request (BBox)

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Fri Apr 18 12:38:25 EDT 2008

Johannes Scholz wrote:
> Hi Arnulf,
>
> Thanks for your immediate answer :)
> Maybe I didn't describe the problem properly:
> 1) the WMS loads perfectly, although slow, if you type in the correct
> service request with the correct BBox.
> 2) I add the WMS to to an new mapbender application and add it to a gui
> as described in the documentation
> 3) if I open the corresponding Mapbender-GUI the WMS is not displayed
> correctly, du to the new wrong BBox parameters in the internal WMS
> Request that is constructed by Mapbender
> (BBOX=-24.5,28.841282894736842,34.5,74.15871710526315). I have no clue
> where these BBox coordinates come from? maybe you could give me a hint?
> (the correct BBox coordinates in epsg: 31297 are: minx : 80711, miny :
> 181203, maxx : 715487, maxy : 570643)
>
> So my problem is: why does mapbender calculates other bbox coordinates
> other than defined in the getcapabilities doc during the initialization
> of a GUI? how is the process of "finding" the BBox coordinates to a
> given WMS in Mapbender? In mapbender 2.4.1 everything worked perfect - i
> recently migrated to 2.4.5 :)
>
> Thanks very much for your help!
> Best regards
> Johannes

Please check whether your application is using the module DynamicOverview:
http://www.mapbender.org/Modules#DynamicOverview

In that case you have to edit the element variable mod_dynamicOverview_startExtent and add your start extent variables (as given in your example).

This would explain why you have these strange parameters.

Best regards,
Arnulf.