[Mapbender-users] Mapbender WMS Request (BBox)

Johannes Scholz johannes.scholz at tugraz.at
Thu Apr 17 05:41:04 EDT 2008

Hi Arnulf,

Thanks for your immediate answer :)
Maybe I didn't describe the problem properly:
1) the WMS loads perfectly, although slow, if you type in the correct
service request with the correct BBox.
2) I add the WMS to to an new mapbender application and add it to a gui
as described in the documentation
3) if I open the corresponding Mapbender-GUI the WMS is not displayed
correctly, du to the new wrong BBox parameters in the internal WMS
Request that is constructed by Mapbender
(BBOX=-24.5,28.841282894736842,34.5,74.15871710526315). I have no clue
where these BBox coordinates come from? maybe you could give me a hint?
(the correct BBox coordinates in epsg: 31297 are: minx : 80711, miny :
181203, maxx : 715487, maxy : 570643)

So my problem is: why does mapbender calculates other bbox coordinates
other than defined in the getcapabilities doc during the initialization
of a GUI? how is the process of "finding" the BBox coordinates to a
given WMS in Mapbender? In mapbender 2.4.1 everything worked perfect - i
recently migrated to 2.4.5 :)

Thanks very much for your help!
Best regards
Johannes