[Mapbender-users] Install Mapbender in Xampplite

Karsten Vennemann karsten at TERRAGIS.NET
Sat Apr 26 13:22:04 EDT 2008

Sorry I don't anything about Xampplite, but from what you wrote it appears
that you are trying to install Mapbender with MySQL as a management
database. Thus you first have to install the MySql database software ( e.g.
download from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.0.html#downloads the
"community server version) and create the actual mapbender administration
database.  To do this you have to open the mysql command prompt or use the
Mysql management tool and enter the commands you mentioned typing:

CREATE DATABASE mapbender DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin;

the next step is to tell the system that the following command are to be
isued within the mapbender database :
use mapbender

Since you are new to most of this consider whether you would like to use
postgresql database software instead (download from
http://www.postgresql.org/download/ ) since to have additional spatial
functionality that at this point is not available using Mysql . Among those
unctions is e.g. the measure functionality used in mapbender  along things
usch a spatial queries , overlay operation and much more available through
the Postgresql extention Postgis (download from
http://postgis.refractions.net/download/ )
Cheers
Karsten