[Mapbender-users] WFS configuration: how to access global values?

Christoph Baudson christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Tue Dec 2 05:31:11 EST 2008

Michael Schulz schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> how would it be possible to use the values of some global variables
> (mb_user_name and the like) in the context of a wfs configuration? In
> my special case, we want the mb_user_name to be inserted when saving a
> digitized geometry. The featuretype has an attribute that should be
> filled with mb_user_name, without exposing an input element. Do you
> have any ideas how to do that?
>
> I thought about using a hidden input element and some JS to insert the
> value, but I didn't succeed.

There is a column in wfs_conf, "f_auth_varname". You can enter a php
variable like

$_SESSION['mb_user_name']

(use single quotes) for the appropriate feature type which will hold the
value of this variable.

This has been introduced in Mapbender 2.4.5, but there have been a lot
of bug fixes since then, so I recommend updating to 2.5

Christoph

> Any ideas?
>
> Cheers, Michael

Where2B-Konferenz