[Mapbender-users] Import and export of uploaded wms from one server to another

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Wed Nov 19 04:57:43 EST 2008

Hi,

I've been thinking about that issue for some time, too. I think SQL
export has a lot of pitfalls... there are not only the wms_ids but
also the layer_ids and all the layer related tables. We should think
about what is the relevant information that needs to transferred? From
what I needed it for, I think uploading the wms on the import server
side was not the big problem, more the gui_wms settings or the
gui_layer settings were relevant.

Could wmc be useful for that purpose? A new module on the admin side,
could create a new application from a wmc:
- create application
- upload services into that app (extract the onlineRessourceURLs from the wmc)
- extract additional layer information from the wmc and manipulate the
corresponding gui_wms/gui_layer settings.

Just another thought. Cheers, Michael

Michael Schulz
mschulz at webgis.de

in medias res