[Mapbender-users] Import and export of uploaded wms from one server to another

Christoph Baudson christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Wed Nov 19 04:20:48 EST 2008

karsten vennemann schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to copy an existing user interface (GUI) to a different
> server. When the MB version etc are the same I can easily export the gui and
> users via sql.
> What about the uploaded WMS's?
> Is there a tool in MB that lets you import export the uploaded WMS from one
> server to another ?
> I couldn't find one at least. I guess I would need to write some of my own
> sql scripts to do that right ?

Hi Karsten,

I believe you would have to write your own SQL script. If you decide to
do so, please let us know, we could integrate it in Mapbender.

If you need any help or have another idea, I'll be glad to discuss
alternatives; please feel free to join us at the developer list at

Thanks

Christoph

> Or does anyone have a solution for this ?
> One problem seems to be that the internal MB WMS ids could be different when
> both servers have already services loaded
> but possibly different ones (and different numbers of them..) and thus
> different WMS ids...
>
> Cheers
> Karsten

Where2B-Konferenz