[Mapbender-users] how much time for pdf creation ???

Marc Jansen jansen.marc at gmx.de
Tue Oct 7 02:02:54 EDT 2008

Hi List, Hi Michael,

have the single parts of the creation of a pdf file been timed or is
your answer based on your gut feeling?

I could imagine that the merging of files might take long as well. This
should also be the part that is affected by your changes in php.ini.
Maybe we should try to actually put figures (in terms of seconds and
memory consumption) behind the current implementation.

Why exactly do we merge / weld the files prior to adding them to the
PDF? Does this still make sense? And maybe we should consider splitting
up one big image request into many smaller ones (at least for background
wms without labeling) this might work out well.

Bye and regards,
Marc