[Mapbender-users] Problem with legend and wms

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Fri Feb 6 03:57:46 EST 2009

Hi Robert,

legends should work out of the box without problems with umn
mapserver. However, there were some issues with using the layers style
name in the getlegendgraphic request. I can suggest to shortly
activate a special debugging for the legend module. You'll need
Firefox and the add-on Firebug installed. If you have installed the
add-on you can activate script and konsole debugging for your
mapbender site. The next step is to uncomment line 134 in
http/javascripts/mod_legend.php:

134: //console.log("layer_infos....   remove the first two slashes.

If you now reload you GUI the firebug console should print some
information about the layers and styles that will be requested for a
legend. Please post the resulting lines "layer_infos ..." back here.

Cheers, Michael

2009/2/5 Robert Walter <robert-walter at gmx.de>:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with the legend of a wms. The UMN Mapserver 5.0.3 is well configured an shows the legend graphic on a GetLegendGraphic request. But what do I have to do to show the legend graphics in MapBender?
>
> The modul legend is included, the layers status is on and the getCapabilities request shows the correct URL for the GetLegendGraphic request but the iframe is empty.
>
> Here some more infos:
>
> INSERT INTO gui_element VALUES ('testgui', 'legend', 2, 1, 'legend', 'Legend', 'iframe', '../javascripts/mod_legend.php?sessionID&e_id_css=legend', 'frameborder=\\''0\\''', 1, 1, 1, 1, 3, 'visibility:hidden;', '', 'iframe', '', '', 'mapframe1', '', '');
>
> MapBender version is 2.5.
>
> Has anyone an idea?
>
> Greetings Robert
> --
> Jetzt 1 Monat kostenlos! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
> für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a

Michael Schulz
mschulz at webgis.de

in medias res