[Mapbender-users] how to activate module SwitchLocale_noreload

Peter Freimuth freimuth at rapideye.de
Tue Jan 27 08:29:45 EST 2009

On Tuesday 27 January 2009 08:45:33 Astrid Emde (WhereGroup) wrote:
> Peter Freimuth schrieb:
> > Hi list,
> > i searched at the wiki pages but i cannot find any useful informations
> > about how to activate the locale selection in a gui.
> >
> > Further we need informations about how to create new localisations
> > (spanish, portuguese and others).
> > How can we create tooltips for the different standard buttons in
> > different languages so that they change when we switch the locale?
> > How can we define a default locale for a gui?
> >

> > Thanks for any hints on how to solve these issues!
> > Kind regards,
> > Peter
> Hello Peter,
>
> information about Mapbender internationalisation you can find at [1]
>
> Information about SwitchLocale_noreload you can find at [2].
>
> In the mapbender.conf you can define a LANGUAGE variable as default
> language.  This  information is also saved in the  session-file as
> $_SESSION["mb_lang"].
>
> To create new languages you have to do twoi things:
> 1. add the new language entries to the table mb_translations (this is
> used for toolstips and the titles of the div tags)
> 2. create a new .po file (this is used for the translations of the
> modules (f.e. the print module). Have a look at [3].
> 3. check the file classes/class_locale.php - make sure that you locale
> is refered here. Compile the .mo file
>
> There are already translations for some languages (Table translations:
> bg,de,es,gr,it,nl / po-files for bg,de,fr,gr,it). If you do some more
> translations, it would be nice, if you could give your translations back
> to the Mapbender project so we could integrate them to the code.
>

> [1] http://www.mapbender.org/Category:I18n
> [2] http://www.mapbender.org/SwitchLocale_noreload
> [3] http://www.mapbender.org/Gettext

Hi Astrid,
we managed it to activate the module and added several new stuff to the translation table. This works fine.
We will make translations for all GUI Elemnts in es_ES, pt_BR, and fr_FR. The dump can be used for the next release of Mapbender if you want.

But changing the locale by this module does'nt change the tooltips of the modules defined via the po files.
Where should these files be located on the system so mapbender can use them?
Kind regards,
Peter

Peter Freimuth				phone: +49 3381 8904327
Product Development			fax:   +49 3381 8904101
RapidEye AG				email: freimuth at rapideye.de
Molkenmarkt 30
14776 Brandenburg an der Havel		http://www.rapideye.de

PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The information in this email is intended for the named recipients
only. It may contain privileged and confidential information.  If you
have received this communication in error, any use, copying or
dissemination of its contents is strictly prohibited.  Please erase all
copies of the message along with any included attachments and notify
RapidEye AG or the sender immediately by telephone at the number
indicated on this page.

RapidEye AG
Molkenmarkt 30
14776 Brandenburg an der Havel
Germany

Head Office/Sitz der Gesellschaft: Brandenburg an der Havel
Management Board/Vorstand: Wolfgang G. Biedermann
Chairman of Supervisory Board/Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Axel Schmalz
Commercial Register/Handelsregister Potsdam HRB 17 796
Tax Number/Steuernummer: 048/100/00053
VAT-Ident-Number/Ust.-ID: DE 199331235
DIN EN ISO 9001 certified

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte
E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den
Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie
die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.