[Mapbender-users] how to activate module SwitchLocale_noreload

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup) astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Tue Jan 27 02:45:33 EST 2009

Peter Freimuth schrieb:
> Hi list,
> i searched at the wiki pages but i cannot find any useful informations
> about how to activate the locale selection in a gui.
>
> Further we need informations about how to create new localisations
> (spanish, portuguese and others).
> How can we create tooltips for the different standard buttons in
> different languages so that they change when we switch the locale?
> How can we define a default locale for a gui?
>

> Thanks for any hints on how to solve these issues!
> Kind regards,
> Peter
Hello Peter,

information about Mapbender internationalisation you can find at [1]

Information about SwitchLocale_noreload you can find at [2].

In the mapbender.conf you can define a LANGUAGE variable as default
language.  This  information is also saved in the  session-file as
$_SESSION["mb_lang"].

To create new languages you have to do twoi things:
1. add the new language entries to the table mb_translations (this is
used for toolstips and the titles of the div tags)
2. create a new .po file (this is used for the translations of the
modules (f.e. the print module). Have a look at [3].
3. check the file classes/class_locale.php - make sure that you locale
is refered here. Compile the .mo file

There are already translations for some languages (Table translations:
bg,de,es,gr,it,nl / po-files for bg,de,fr,gr,it). If you do some more
translations, it would be nice, if you could give your translations back
to the Mapbender project so we could integrate them to the code.

[1] http://www.mapbender.org/Category:I18n
[2] http://www.mapbender.org/SwitchLocale_noreload
[3] http://www.mapbender.org/Gettext

--