AW: [Mapbender-users] MB 2.5: Problems with legends in pdf-print using mapserver's agg

Schönhammer, Herbert Schoenhammer.Herbert at Regensburg.de
Mon Mar 2 10:18:07 EST 2009

Hi Michael,

sorry I don't really understand your hint :-(

At the moment I use (wms-gui-settings): "image/png"

But there is no difference between "image/png" and "image/png; mode=24bit".

Only the settings in the mapfile determine the outputformat. So the following always generates a 8bit output. In this case, the printig of the picture in the legend is okay, but the quality of the map is very very poor.

# 8 Bit Farbe
OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME 'AGG_Q'
    DRIVER AGG/PNG
    IMAGEMODE RGB
    FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_FORCE=ON"
    FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_DITHER=OFF"
    FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_COLORS=256"
END

So I want a map with 24bit color.

Please: Could you give me some more hints?

What shall I use ? "image/png" or "image/png; mode=24bit" in wms-settings?
What settings in the mapfile should be done in this case ?

regards
Herbert Schönhammer