[Mapbender-users] GetFeatureInfo on WMS

Robert Walter robert-walter at gmx.de
Mon Sep 28 08:58:43 EDT 2009

Hi list,

I have a problem with getfeatureinfo-requests on WMS-layers. In the mapfile of the wms a template for each layer is defined. I use the featureinfotunnel with the new popup-module.

When the wms is enabled and visible in Mapbender the getfeatureinfo-request shows the correct info. But when the wms is turned off in treegde-module or the wms-layer is invisible because of its scale, the getfeatureinfo shows the following error:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no" ?>
<!DOCTYPE ServiceExceptionReport SYSTEM "http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.1.1/exception_1_1_1.dtd">
<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1">
<ServiceException code="LayerNotDefined">
msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. Invalid layer(s) given in the LAYERS parameter.
</ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

What can I do, to avoid this behaviour. When there is no object visible, the getfeatureinfo-request should return no result and must not open the popup.

Greeting RW