[Mapbender-users] Re: How to get mb_myBBOX to work

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Thu Feb 25 01:13:28 EST 2010

Hello,

On Wed, February 24, 2010 3:36 pm, bkswebgis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new on this forum and new on experimenting with mapbender.
>
> After some really nice successful tests I run into exactly the same
> problem. Spending hours and hours I now need some help, as I'm really
> frustrated. I've read all mails in forums and tested all the sample links
> .... all of
> that is not working.
>
> installed mapbender version: 2.6

Please take Mapbender from the branch [1]. There are some bugs fixed and
from this basis we are bringing out Mapbender 2.6.1 soon.

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapbender/changeset/5644/branches/2.6?old_path=%2F&format=zip

> I first call the osm map from a wms service and then the shapefiles from
> the local mapserver.
>
> Everything works fine but at startup I always see the extens of the world
>  map, even if I use the parameters ...&mb_myBBOX=9,47,11,49. setBBOX in
> gui is on.
>
> Does anyone have a solution for this problem, up to now I only found tips
>  but none answered problem solved!?
>

> Where can I find the extents in the mapbender database (tablename,
> fieldname)?

You find the information in table layer_epsg. Search for the root layer in
table layer, grap the layer_id and look for the fkey_layer_id in table
layer_epsg.

You could change the extent in this table.

Best regards Astrid