[Mapbender-users] using Mapbender 2.7 and http_auth

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Tue Nov 30 05:40:08 EST 2010

Hi Armin,

one just needs to find the right documentation...

You just need to add this rewrite_rule to you apache configuration:
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

and then also php-cgi can use the http_auth mechanism.

One more question: while testing this with QGIS as client, I got the
qgis info, that the getmap url is different from the capabilities url.
When examining the XML it shows that the capabilities-URL uses the
http_auth address, while the getmap/getfeatureinfo/... use the
owsproxy URL. Is that intended behaviour?

Cheers, Michael

P.S.: After some more successfull testing I will add this information
to the wiki page.

Michael Schulz
mschulz at webgis.de

in medias res