[Mapbender-users] Update WMS from geoserver misbehaviour

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Fri Jun 24 04:44:21 EDT 2011

Hello Albert,

thanks for the report of the WMS update problem. I never had such a
problem before.

It would be a big help, if you could send the getCapabilities-Request or
send the Capabilities-XML to test the update.

Astrid

On Thu, June 23, 2011 1:01 pm, Albert Polze wrote:
> Setup: mapbender: 2.7.1 ; geoserver: 2.1.0 ; Debian 6.0
>

> Hello List
>

> I would like to report a problem while updating a wms. After updating
> some layers are missing in WMS application setting and GUIs.
>
> In my environment I use 3 GUIs, each with one WMS from geoserver (stored
> in a wms container). The WMS contains 7 Layers (1 raster, 6 vector loaded
> in geoserver from disk). Everything worked like it should.
>
> Now I added one of these vector layer into pstgres/postgis database and
> loaded it into geoserver (with the same name but different store). After
> some time (..serveral hours).. working with the data successfully
> (including
> serveral updates of the wms with no error) the WMS application setting
> shows me:
>

> GUI1: everything is good
> GUI2 / 3 / wms container: only 3 of 8 layer are shown
>

> When I open the GUIs:
> GUI1: everything is good
> GUI2 / 3: only these 3 of 8 layer are shown
>

> In GUI3 I build in a search (gazetterWFS) for the layer from the database
>  the odd thing is although the layer is not represented in the WMS
> application settings and the GUI I can successfully use the search on
> this layer.
>
> No errors in mb_error.log, php_error.log, geoserver-error-log. After
> deleting the WMS completely and loading it up again it works fine.
> Updating
> the WMS again doesn't work.
>
> I also got this behaviour with mapbender_2.6.2, geoserver-2.0.2, ubuntu
> 10.04 as a localhostsystem.
>

> I would provide further information (if needed).
>

> ------
>

> Hallo Liste,
>

> mir ist zum wiederholten male ein Problem untergekommen zu dem ich keine
> Erklärung fand. Nach einem update meines WMS finden sich in meinen WMS
> Anwedungseinstellungen und GUIs nicht alle Layer wieder.
>

> Ich benutze 3 GUIs mit dem selben WMS vom geoserver. Der WMS wurde in
> meinen wms-container hochgeladen und von dort in die GUIs verteilt, er
> beinhaltet (1 Rasterlayer und 6 Vektorlayer die vom Verzeichnis aus in
> geoserver geladen wurden). Alles funktionierte so wie es sollte.
>
> Als nächstes habe ich einen der Vektorlayer unter einem anderen
> Datastore
> via postgres/postgis Datenbank in den geoserver geladen. Auch hier keine
> Probleme. Nach ein paar Stunden und mehrmaligen aktualisieren des WMS
> (alles
> ohne Probleme) passierte folgendes:
>
> WMS Anwendungseinstellungen:
> GUI1: alles in Ordnung, so wie es sein sollte
> GUI2 / 3 / wms container: nur 3 von 8 Layer werden angezeigt
>

> geöffnete GUIs: GUI1: alles in Ordnung, so wie es sein sollte
> GUI2 / 3: nur die 3 Layer werden angezeigt
>

> In der GUI3 habe ich eine Abfrage (gazetterWFS) für den Layer aus der
> Datenbank eingebaut. Merkwürdigerweise kann ich an dem Layer erfolgreich
> Abfragen ausführen obwohl er für diese GUI weder in der WMS
> [...]

Astrid Emde
----------------------------------

AGIT 2011
6.-8. Juli 2011 in Salzburg
Treffen Sie die WhereGroup an Stand Nr. 30
http://www.agit.at

 Astrid Emde
 WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG

 Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 19