[Mapbender-users] Re: Update WMS from geoserver misbehaviour

Albert Polze A.Polze at mailbox.tu-berlin.de
Mon Jun 27 04:12:14 EDT 2011

Hello, Astrid ,

I always used the same getCapabilities-Request:

http://host:8080/geoserver/wms?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1

I attached the Capabilities-XML to this post.
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n6519520/Update__WMS_from_geoserver_misbehaviour
Update__WMS_from_geoserver_misbehaviour

Hello Marc-12,

Indeed I did some experiments with SLDs in geoserver. I created SLDs with
AtlasStyler-1.7 and made it the standart style within geoserver.

Since I deleted the wms completely I'm not sure if I remember everthing
right but I'm totally sure that the one without a new SLD was shown in WMS
application settings and the GUIs. One vector-layer had the standart style
form geoserver (grey inside; black outline) but a new Title (as Legend) and
I think it was shown in WMS application settings and the GUIs. The last
layer which was in WMS application settings and the GUIs was a raster layer
with no SLD edited.

A said before that I got this kind of behavior with a different test
environment. Back then I also changed some layer SLD but I only used SLD's
from geoserver.  Since this environment is still running I just checked the
WMS application settings. (The setup is similar one geoserver-wms connected
to different GUIs...). As fare as I can see it is nearly the same, but it is
some kind of mixed up

For example:
GUI A:
Layer (1) without SLD is there
Layer (2) without SLD is there
Layer (3) with SLD is there
Layer (4) with SLD is there

GUI B:
Layer (1) without SLD is not there
Layer (2) without SLD is there
Layer (3) with SLD is there
Layer (4) with SLD is not there

*I didn't use mapbenders SLD-Editor. But i tried. Maybe thats the problem*
Layers from one GUI with or without activated SLD-Style from mapbender
sld-editor (column SLD in WMS application settings), were not visible in
another GUI.

Looks like I have to cross check the GUI, layer und layer SLD-settings I got
around 36 Layers and 5 GUIs so it will take me a while . I will keep you up
to date.

Thanks for your help and input, Albert Polze