[Mapbender-users] install difficulties

chris Wild chrismwild at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 17:23:19 EDT 2012

Hi Thomas and Verena,

Thanks for your replies most appreciated.

As you suggested Thomas, I think the problem is with PHP so
I added
   ##
   ## PHP 5 CGI config
   ##

   AddType application/x-httpd-php .php5 .php4 .php3 .phtml .php
   Action  application/x-httpd-php /cgi-bin/php-cgi.exe

into the Apache httpd.conf

The request to localhost then returned this error.

*The requested URL /cgi-bin/php-cgi.exe/mapbender/tools/mapbender_setup.php
was not found on this server*.

So I copied php-cgi.exe to C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\cgi-bin

Message then
*
Fatal error: Call to undefined function pg_connect() in C:\Program
Files\mapbender_2.7.2\mapbender\lib\database-pgsql.php on line 9*7

Not sure what to do now. The database setup in the Mapbender install seemed
to go OK.

Thanks for the tip re maptools/ms4w. I have not used Mapserver before
rather Geoserver so was thinking of sticking with that.

Kind regards
Chris