[Mapbender-users] Mapbender 2.7.4: A couple of questions

Armin Retterath armin.retterath at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 09:45:54 PST 2016

hi lukas,

the styling of external wms only possible, if the wms support sld. in
mapbender there is a sld editor to define a specific sld for a external
wms. the problem is, that only very few wms support this user defined
styling option.
another possibility ist to use different styles - but even here only few
wms support this feature.
if a wms has more than one style, in the wms gui configuration you can
select the style you want to use - or you can select the style in the
layertree if this option is activated in treegde.

yes - the bbox is pulled from the first wms which is in the gui. if you
have to alter it, you may alter the bbox in the layer_epsg table directly.
alternatively you can cascade a external wms with a local mapserver and
register the local mapserver. in the configuration of the mapserver fascade
you can alter the wms extent to your needs.

a other possibility to start mapbender is to store a wms and start
mapbender with giving the wmc as get parameter:
http://www.mapbender2.org/GET-Parameter
also bbox are supported - maybe this is an alternative ;-) .

to alter a legend for a external wms you have also to edit the database
directly :-( - the legends are stored in the layer_style table.

if you have further questions don't hesitate to ask ;-)

armin