[Mapbender-users] MB 2.7.x: Can't save wms application settings

lukas.bollack lukas.bollack at naturnetz.ch
Mon Jan 11 02:08:41 PST 2016

Hello Mapbender mailing list!

I have the following problem with my mapbender 2.7.4 installation:

I am trying to configure a wms service. I loaded the getcapabilities request
into an empty gui. Since it is a password protected service, i used a
request in the following form:
http://user:password@url/wms?GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.0. When
I use a request without username and password the wms can't be loaded and I
am never asked for a username and password in the process.

Then I linked the wms in the empty gui to an application with gui in order
to test it. When I access the application the wms is displayed fine. But
because the wms contains a lot of layers, most of which I don't want to use
in the application, I would like to disable them in the wms application
settings.

That's where my problem occurs: When I make changes to the wms application
settings and try to save them using the "save settings" button, all my
changes disappear and are not saved. When I make changes to other wms
services, saving the settings works just fine.

I checked my installtion using the mapbender_setup.php but everything seems
fine. The only error message I see is: "extension_dir		no extension_dir
set!" but I don't think this has anything to do with my problem.

Can anybody help me out here?

Thanks, Lukas