[Mapbender-users] Updating Mapbender3

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Mon Nov 28 08:38:22 PST 2016

Hello Patrick,

you should be able to use the same database from one version to the
next.

In the documentation you find the steps.

http://doc.mapbender3.org/en/book/installation/update.html

Make sure that your database is updated too (maybe new tables, columns
or changes in the structure occur fom one version to the next)

Use the following commands to get to know what is new
app/console doctrine:schema:update --dump-sql

Note that with splite you have to run some of the commands in the
database client.
app/console doctrine:schema:update --force

Best regards Astrid

Am 2016-11-28 16:45, schrieb Patrick Meis:
> Hello again,
>
> i am wondering what would be the correct way to import the
> applications, users, user_groups and the wms_list
>
> frommy old Mapbender3 to my updated Mapbender3.
>
> I tried to simply copy the old demo.splite database into my new
> Mapbender3.
>
> It seemed to work at first, I was seeing all my applications and wms.
>
> But I realized as soon as I change something in the settings, i.e. I
> set a wms-instance to base_source, the datalink
>
> is broken and will not display properly anymore.
>
> So, is there an "official" way of how to import the old projects into
> the new database?
>
> Greets
>
> Patrick

Astrid Emde