[Mapbender-users] Get Raster Info and more

Simone Micozzi micozzi.simone749 at tiscali.it
Fri Mar 31 01:27:36 PDT 2017

Ciao, Ben,

and thank you for your kind replay.

Not even I am so much into Geoserver.
As a matter of fact, this is the first project in which I'm using it,
and starting to appreciate it.
Till now I have always been (and I still intend to be)
a loyal - and satisfied! - user of UMN Mapserver.

Anyway,
after a little bit of testing
I have seen that Mapbender is correctly displaying
the legend generated by Geoserver.
But I haven't yet figured out a way
for attaching my own set of metadata to my raster files
and having them displayed by Mapbender.
Selecting the info (metadata) icon of these raster files in the
layertree box
only causes to display some standard Geoserver metadata
that are not so significant to me.

I even tried some tricks to get around Geoserver,
like "wrapping" my rasters into a mosaic,
so to take advantage of the generated DBF file
and putting my metadata inside of it.
But Geoserver didn't take the bait
and in the GetFeatureInfo box in Mapbender
it's just showing the pixel related metadata (like grayscale ratio and
so on).

Perhaps this is not the right place to address a question like this,
but I thought that maybe someone had faced the same problem before,
and solved it!

Thank you anyway for your time.
I will certainly take a look at the links you have shown me
and try to take the best out of them.

Cordialmente,
Simone Micozzi