[Mapbender-users] cannot edit layersets as non-root owner of application

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu May 11 03:51:51 PDT 2017

Le Thu, 11 May 2017 11:46:02 +0200,
Astrid Emde <astrid.emde at wheregroup.com> a écrit :

> Am 2017-05-11 11:20, schrieb Moritz Lennert:
> > Le Tue, 9 May 2017 16:25:40 +0200,
> > Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> a écrit :
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I just installed the 3.0.6 release and am having fun exploring
> >> Mapbender more in detail. :-)
> >>
> >> I have stumbled across an issue of which I don't know if it is a
> >> feature, a bug or a misconfiguration on my side: I have a site
> >> with a normal root user and another user who has master status.
> >>
> >> Whenever I create an application as root user, I can edit layersets
> >> and sources without any issues.
> >>
> >> However, when I login as the other user, and create an
> >> application, I can create a layerset, but then no source is listed
> >> when I try to add one.
> >>
> >> When I give edit status to my other user on an application created
> >> by root, I can edit and duplicate this application. However, I
> >> whenever I try to add a source to a layer set, none of my sources
> >> are listed and when I click on the edit button of an existing
> >> source, I get:
> >>
> >> http://myserveraddress/mapbender3/manager/repository/application/modelgeogf4001_imp/instance/27:
> >>
> >> "Oops! An Error Occurred
> >> The server returned a "403 Forbidden".
> >> Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when
> >> this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for
> >> any inconvenience caused."
> >>
> >> Can someone give me a hint ?
> >
> > Ping. Sorry for bugging, but I'm trying to get this site ready for a
> > course. And it would be a pity if students couldn't handle their own
> > layersets.
> >
> > To give some more info: Ideally, I would like to work with a group
> > (the students). Each student individually would have no particular
> > rights, but the group would have edit rights on those applications
> > I would like to provide as examples. They should then be able to
> > duplicate on example and edit them to their liking, including
> > adding new sources to layersets and editing those sources.
> >
> > Just any pointer towards any docs I should read or any possible
> > path to a solution would already be very helpful.
> >
> > Moritz
> >

> Hello Moritz,
>
> sorry for the late answer.
>
> Looks like you have to modify the ACL settings for your second-admin
> (in my case it is admin1).
>
> Change ACL for Application:
> * admin1 -> edit
>
> Change ACL for Services
> * admin1 -> edit

That was exactly the pointer I needed !

Actually just adding the group to the
Service Source ACL and setting it to edit and create was enough to
allow the students to add their own data sources and edit the existing
layersets in a model application they duplicate.

I guess I still have to read a bit more about the access rights
management to understand what is handled by ACL and what is handled by
the "Security" settings of an application.

Thanks a lot !

Moritz