[Mapbender-users] Custom element that displays the result of a SQL query

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Tue May 30 22:42:37 PDT 2017

Hello.

query-manager is a nice element, that is not part of Mapbender 3.0.6.1
and will come in a future feature release.

Here you can have a look on how it looks like (slide 38 - "Analyse von
Daten über den Query Manager"):
http://www.where2b-conference.com/sites/default/files/07_Where2B_Mapbender3_Features_in_Wesseling_AEmde.compressed.pdf
(Slides from last years presentation at Where2B in Bonn
http://www.where2b-conference.com/)

So as you can see it maybe too much for your needs - you only want to
display a short info "The value is:"  ([value]). It could make sense to
write a new Mapbender element that runs your query and displays the
value. An element like this does not exist yet.

Back to your question how you can integrate new repositories
* You can integrate other repositories via composer.json
* You should to follow the git based installation

Read more at:
https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-starter/blob/release/3.0.6/CONTRIBUTING.md
* see part Create composer package

You find the composer.json here
*
https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-starter/blob/release/3.0.6/application/composer.json

     "require": {
         "mapbender/query-builder": "1.0.1",
     },

Read CONTRIBUTING.md to lear how to update repositories with

../composer.phar update -o or sh bootstrap

Please note that the documentation for query-builder is not online yet.

Best regards Astrid

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

---------------------------------------