[Mapbender-users] Error on loading mapBender

Jörg Thomsen (WhereGroup) joerg.thomsen at wheregroup.com
Fri Aug 17 07:36:13 PDT 2018

Hello Marie Anna,

sounds like a problem I dealed with today. Has your WMS only a root
layer and no sublayers? That does not work at the moment, in the
capabilities MB needs a root layer with nested sub-layers, even if there
is only one layer in the wms.

> <Layer>
>  <Title>Acme Corp. Map Server</Title>
>  <CRS>CRS:84</CRS>
>  <AuthorityURL name="DIF_ID">
>  <OnlineResource xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink...." />
>  </AuthorityURL>
>     <Layer>
>         <Name>ROADS_RIVERS</Name>
>         <Title>Roads and Rivers</Title>
>     </Layer>
>  </Layer>
(see http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=14416 page 80ff
for the whole xlm)

Workaround: save your capabilites as file, edit it to add the root-layer
arround your Layer and refer your edited xml when adding it as datasource.

Regards, Jörg

Am 17.08.2018 um 16:12 schrieb Marie Anna Baovola:
> Hello,
> Thank you for replying me.
> Actually, I use the v. 3.0.7.3.
> 1- When I tried to add a new WMS from my local laptop, I cannot load the
> map neither the scale. It shows me an error like  "Your element with id
> map (widget mapbender.mbMap) failed to initialize properly".
> In addition to that, when I import a json files, I cannot load again the
> map and it shows me an error like "Legend image element (#14) couldn't
> not be itialized. No map - no legend."
> Thank you.
> Best regard,
>
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 2:52 PM, Moritz Lennert
> <mlennert at club.worldonline.be <mailto:mlennert at club.worldonline.be>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Marie Anna,
>
>     Apparently you tried to include an image in your mail, but at least
>     for me it does not pass the mailing list server. Could you possibly
>     attach the image ?
>
>     This said, screenshots are often no the best way to communicate
>     about errors. Could you be more precise about what exactly you are
>     trying to do, with what version of Mapbender and at what point
>     exactly you see your error message ?
>
>     Moritz
>
>     On 16/08/18 12:58, Marie Anna Baovola wrote:> Hello,
>
>         Anyone can help me how to fix this error when I load my page
>         (new application or importation).
>
>         The messsage shows "You element with id map (widget
>         mapbender.mbMap) failed to initialize properly.
>         Thank you.
>         Best regards,
>
>         --
>         BAOVOLA Marie Anna

> BAOVOLA Marie Anna

Viele Grüße,
Jörg Thomsen

 FOSS Academy Sommerschule 2018
 Alles Wichtige zur Erstellung einer GDI in nur 5 Tagen erlernen!
 https://www.foss-academy.com/kompaktkurse

Jörg Thomsen
WhereGroup GmbH & Co. KG
Gillweg 3