[Mapbender-users] User Administrator in mapbender 3.0.6.0

Thomas Baschetti info at thomas-baschetti.de
Wed Jan 10 03:07:49 PST 2018

I will document my steps and try it with the most recent version over the
weekend.

Thomas

Axel Schaefer <axel.schaefer at wheregroup.com> schrieb am Mi. 10. Jan. 2018
um 09:45:

> Hi Thomas.
>
> Happy new year. :-) I - for myself - cannot reproduce this
> behaviour. Can you give me the inputs:
>
> - mygroupadmin: Has some users. Which ACL-rights?
> - myusergroup: Has some other users. Which ACL-rights?
> - Application: You add mygroupadmin, but which Applications-rights?
> - Application: You add myusergroup, but which Applications-rights?
>
> What happens, which is unexpected?
>
> - You can view/edit/delete users of myusergroup, if the logged in user
>   is in mygroupadmin.
>
> - You can also edit all users. This is not what you expect to happen?
>
> You expect to:
>
> - That you can only view/edit/delete some users? But not all?
>
> Is this the case? Can you give some information about your
> configuration? Like UserA in mygroupadmin with ACL master in Users,
> UserB in myusergroup, etc. Something like that.
>
> That would be kind to reproduce. It seems like a workflow thing, but I
> cannot tell it right now. Thanks so far.
>
> Axel
>

> Thomas Baschetti writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > i'm trying to implement a user administrator, but somehow i'm stuck
> >
> > What i want:
> > - Application (name: app1): no problem
> > - a couple of users: no problem
> > - a group (name: myusergroup) of users with access to this application:
> no
> > problem
> > - a group of adminstrators for these users (name:mygroupadmin)
> >
> > what i can achieve:
> > - users in the group mygroupadmin can view/edit/delete users of
> myusergroup
> >
> > Problem is giving the right to create users. Without 'owner' in ACL->
> User
> > no Username can be given. With this right the mygroupadmin can edit any
> > user (even root), which is of course not what i want.
> >
> > What am i missing?
> >
> > Thomas
>

> --
> Axel Schaefer
> WhereGroup GmbH & Co. KG
> Eifelstraße 7
> 53119 Bonn
> Germany
>
> Fon: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 23
> Fax: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 11
>
> axel.schaefer at wheregroup.com
> www.wheregroup.com | www.mapbender.org | www.meldemax.com
> Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788

Thomas Baschetti - Systemanalyse Geographische Informationssysteme
Hakenstraße 8D
49074 Osnabrück

Tel: 0541 25 91 90 | mobil 01577 189 25 91
E-Mail: info at thomas-baschetti.de
www.thomas-baschetti.de