[Mapbender-users] Mapbender with PostgreSQL 10 / PHP 7.2

Frederik Haefker (WhereGroup) frederik.haefker at wheregroup.com
Thu Aug 8 03:01:50 PDT 2019

Dear all,

the lack of support for PostgreSQL 10 (or higher) was a backward support
problem for older versions of PHP. Starting with Mapbender v3.0.8.3 in
the PosgreSQL10 edition [1] we have discontinued support for PHP lower
than 7.1. Thus, Mapbender works fine with PostgreSQL 10 since this release.

We are constantly working [2] to update the documentation as soon as
possible. However, we would be very happy if Mapbender users helped us
with this. You are welcome to improve the Mapbender documentation by
adding your knowledge as a pull-request to github: [3]

Therefore Mapbender works fine with PHP 7.2 and PostgreSQL 10.

Kind regards

Frederik Häfker

[1]
https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-starter/releases/tag/v3.0.8.3-postgresql10

[2]
https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-documentation/graphs/commit-activity

[3] https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-documentation

On 01.08.19 15:26, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Recent MS4W distributions on Windows is exactly your setup, and I
> confirm that Mapbender works fine with Postgres 10 and PHP 7.2.x (I
> believe the most recent Mapbender removed a PHP7 notice/warning that
> was sometimes occurring)
>
> -jeff

Kompaktkurs Aufbau einer GDI mit Open-Source-Software
FOSS Academy Sommerschule: 23. bis 27.09.2019
https://www.foss-academy.com/kompaktkurse.html

Frederik Häfker
Abteilungsleiter Projektmanagement und GIS-Consulting
WhereGroup GmbH

Fon: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 21
Fax: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 11

Frederik.Haefker at wheregroup.com