[Mapbender-users] Mapbender

karsten karsten at terragis.net
Sun Dec 22 23:07:11 PST 2019

Hi Siline,

in order to render/view MySQL spatial data in Mapbender you will need to add
a map rendering engine (software) to your server that can serve the data as
WMS ( see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Map_Service ) or WFS service (
see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Feature_Service ) which in turn you
can add too your Mapbender after you configured those services. Note that at
this time it is not possible to add MySQL data directly to MapBender ...

Examples for such map rendering engines (that can be sued to publish WMS or
WFS ) you could use
e.g. MapServer https://mapserver.org/ or Geoserver http://geoserver.org/ .
To become familiar how to publish a WMS or WFS see the documentation of the
respective software .

Cheers
Karsten

  _____