[Mapbender-users] import / export of MapBender App Error between versions

karsten karsten at terragis.net
Tue Mar 26 10:21:04 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I did export an MapBender Application from version 3.0.5.3 and then tried to
import to a new MapBender installation on teh same machine version 3.0.7.7
(both on windows). It works to import the yml or Json export files and I can
see the new app in the administration interface . However when opening the
application on the web itself the layer tree does not display and I get an
error shown that says something along the lines of 'element with ID 252
map.(something) did not initialize correctly'. I had the suspicion that the
corrupted element is a map or overview map element so tried to deleted those
and recreated them but that brought even more trouble with other elements
depending on those. So I reverted back to a backup of the app...

How would I be able to fix this and get the app to display in teh new MB
version (short of rebuilding it once more) ?
Note that the mapbender3 management database I am using was was generated
for this new MB version (and is not the once from the old version)

Cheers
Karsten Vennemann