[Mapbender-users] import / export of MapBender App Error between versions

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup) astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Tue Mar 26 23:36:05 PDT 2019

Am 2019-03-26 18:21, schrieb karsten:
> Hi all,
>
> I did export an MapBender Application from version 3.0.5.3 and then
> tried to import to a new MapBender installation on teh same machine
> version 3.0.7.7
> (both on windows). It works to import the yml or Json export files and
> I can see the new app in the administration interface . However when
> opening the application on the web itself the layer tree does not
> display and I get an error shown that says something along the lines
> of 'element with ID 252 map.(something) did not initialize correctly'.
> I had the suspicion that the corrupted element is a map or overview
> map element so tried to deleted those and recreated them but that
> brought even more trouble with other elements depending on those. So I
> reverted back to a backup of the app...
>
> How would I be able to fix this and get the app to display in teh new
> MB version (short of rebuilding it once more) ?
> Note that the mapbender3 management database I am using was was
> generated for this new MB version (and is not the once from the old
> version)
>
> Cheers
>
> Karsten Vennemann

Hello Karsten,

Mapbender 3.0.5.3 is quite old ;) Release date: 04.02.2016
https://doc.mapbender.org/en/versions.html

Best way is to update an existing Mapbender installation instead of
copying an application.

Have a look: https://doc.mapbender.org/en/installation/update.html

Maybe for your workflow it could work:
* copy & import your application
* open map-Element and check the selected layersets -> save it
* open layertree -> save it
-> we had some changed concerning layersets, so maybe the element has to
save the new configuration.

--
Best regards

Astrid Emde