[Mapbender-users] WMS error

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Oct 14 11:42:20 PDT 2020

On 2020-10-14 3:09 p.m., BRIAN STIFFENN LUNA BOLIVAR wrote:
> Hello everyone, good day, greetings from Colombia. I am doing my
> graduate work, for which I am implementing a geovisor through Mapbender.
>
> I am adding the WMS service
> (http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:/ms4w/DATA/geoserviciosgeiper.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities)
>

> However the platform (through the application Mapbender Demo Map) throws
> the following error: "The map can not be displayed" Everything it's well
> configured in the WMS, because I proved in other platforms like: QGIS,
> ArcGIS.
>
> Please. Can you help me?
>
> Q: I'm using the Mapbender 3.0.8.5 on MS4W version.

By the way, for MS4W using the home IP is recommended
(http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=..) as over the many years
(now decades) managing this for MS4W users I have seen problems with
"localhost", so, if you want my advice, be sure to always use 127.0.0.1
in your local testing.

Thanks again and hello from the east coast of Canada,

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
co-founder of FOSS4G