[Mapbender-users] Mapbender installation PHP configuration

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup) astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Mon Jan 4 00:28:30 PST 2021

Hello Walter,

you also could take MS4W to install Mapbender.

https://ms4w.com/

Elso you should find the information at:

https://doc.mapbender.org/en/installation/installation_windows.html

Am 2021-01-03 22:24, schrieb Walter White Jr.:
> Hi folks,
>
> I want to install Mapbender 3.0.8 on Windows 10 to launch an own
> web-gis app on my website but have some problems with the PHP
> installation. I already have installed PHP 7.2.33, Apache 2.4 and
> PostgreSQL 9 but have some problems with the PHP configuration.
>
> (1) It needs to be checked if the following variables (php.ini) are
> set correctly:
>
> sys_temp_dir
>
> upload_tmp_dir
>
> date.timezone
>
> Where should I check this? In the cmd, one of the php.exe files?

You have to check this in the php.ini file

> (2)   “the path from PHP-bin directory to the PATH-variable (Windows
> environment variable) needs to be set”
>
> There is no PHP-bin directory in the PHP file after installation so
> how can I add the PHP-bin path as another Win environment var?

Go to the environment variables.

Here you find a description how it works:
https://support.shotgunsoftware.com/hc/en-us/articles/114094235653-Setting-global-environment-variables-on-Windows

> (3)   “activate the required PHP extensions in the php.ini
> configuration file:”
>
> # php.ini
>
> extension=php_curl.dll
>
> extension=php_fileinfo.dll
>
> extension=php_gd2.dll
>
> extension=php_intl.dll
>
> extension=php_pdo_pgsql.dll
>
> extension=php_pdo_sqlite.dll
>
> extension=php_pgsql.dll
>
> extension=php_openssl.dll
>
> extension=php_mbstring.dll
>
> extension=php_zip.dll
>
> extension=php_bz2.dll
>
> Should I just add these lines into the php.ini file or what should I
> do?

In the php.ini file you find a section with extensions. There you can
activate the mentioned extension.

Do not forget to restart your Apache Service afterwards.

In the Mapbender installation we do  not describe how to install apache
or PHP. You find information about that online.

Hope my comments help.

Best regards

Astrid

> I want to emphasize I am not a web developer so I suppose these are
> elementary questions but since Mapbender promises to create map apps
> without a single line of code I was hoping I can manage that on my own
> (have some knowledge about GDI). I was not able to find something
> helpful on the internet so I hope you can help me with this. Would
> appreciate any help.
>
> Many thanks in advance!
>
>  		 [1]
>  		Virenfrei. www.avast.com [1]