[mapguide-dev] KML - Session?

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Dec 11 14:14:49 EST 2006

Yes, I guess it's not a lot of work to pull the initial GetMapKML
request in a script, and rewrite the XML adding some initial extents.  I
could also toggle the layer states in the same way.  Just had another
thought re usability...  can I at least the current session to the
GetMapKml request so that I don't have to re-authenticate, or is passing
the session not supported at all?

I can see this being a fairly common request, and it would be really
"cool" to be able to bundle a "view in Google Earth" command button in
the default MapGuide distribution.  Would it be a big change to support
pulling the view extent and layer state from a session (ie. is this
something that we can add to the RFC)?