[mapguide-internals] Raster performance (was Raster providerproblems...)

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Sat Apr 7 20:50:40 EDT 2007

My chief concern with dropping down to 8 bit color output is that it means we would have to turn off antialiased drawing. Compare the two attached images to see what happens when you save a map that uses antialiased drawing into a png8 image. I used GIMP to generate the optimal palette for the 8 bit image, which by the way is time consuming also, so regular 8-bit output would likely be worse.

Traian